AIX ACLs - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX ACLs - Aix ; I am wondering, if its possible to apply AIX's ACLs on a directory? I am able to get it to work on a file, but for some reason, its not working on a directory. Any advice? TIA...

  1. AIX ACLs

    I am wondering, if its possible to apply AIX's ACLs on a directory?

    I am able to get it to work on a file, but for some reason, its not
    working on a directory. Any advice?

    TIA

  2. Re: AIX ACLs

    On Mar 26, 12:30 pm, "Mag" wrote:
    > I am wondering, if its possible to apply AIX's ACLs on a directory?
    >
    > I am able to get it to work on a file, but for some reason, its not
    > working on a directory. Any advice?
    >
    > TIA

    Worked fine for me...after changing the extended attributes the USER
    couldn't cd into the SFW directory or list it's contents:

    aixtest /testfs >ls -l
    total 0
    drwxr-xr-x 2 root system 256 Mar 22 17:22 SFW
    aixtest /testfs >aclget SFW
    *
    * ACL_type AIXC
    *
    attributes:
    base permissions
    owner(root): rwx
    group(system): r-x
    others: r-x
    extended permissions
    enabled
    deny rwx u:USER

  3. Re: AIX ACLs

    "Mag" wrote in message
    news:1174926657.305455.141000@l77g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
    >I am wondering, if its possible to apply AIX's ACLs on a directory?

    $ ls -led duperele
    drwxr-xr-x+ 2 raff staff 512 Jul 22 2006 duperele
    $ aclget duperele
    attributes:
    base permissions
    owner(raff): rwx
    group(staff): r-x
    others: r-x
    extended permissions
    enabled
    permit rwx u:blah

    Applied using acledit.

    Raff

  4. Re: AIX ACLs

    On Mar 26, 5:04 pm, "Raff" wrote:
    > "Mag" wrote in message
    >
    > news:1174926657.305455.141000@l77g2000hsb.googlegr oups.com...
    >
    > >I am wondering, if its possible to apply AIX's ACLs on a directory?

    > $ ls -led duperele
    > drwxr-xr-x+ 2 raff staff 512 Jul 22 2006 duperele
    > $ aclget duperele
    > attributes:
    > base permissions
    > owner(raff): rwx