pSeries or RS/6000 in a Netbay rack - Aix

This is a discussion on pSeries or RS/6000 in a Netbay rack - Aix ; Has anyone used the standard rails for a rackmount p-Series or RS/6000 server in an IBM Netbay (9308) rack? The Netbay has round holes like the pSeries-specific 7014 rack. Do they use the same front-to-back spacing for the mounting posts? ...

  1. pSeries or RS/6000 in a Netbay rack

    Has anyone used the standard rails for a rackmount p-Series or RS/6000
    server in an IBM Netbay (9308) rack? The Netbay has round holes like
    the pSeries-specific 7014 rack. Do they use the same front-to-back
    spacing for the mounting posts? I do not have a rack here to check.

    I would like to put a p520 in a rack, and future purchases of PC-based
    servers should be able to go into the same rack. There is a locally
    available Netbay rack that we can use, or we could get the OEM rails
    and a rack with square holes.

  2. Re: pSeries or RS/6000 in a Netbay rack

    On Feb 21, 1:56 pm, "Hillel" wrote:
    > Has anyone used the standard rails for a rackmount p-Series or RS/6000
    > server in an IBM Netbay (9308) rack? The Netbay has round holes like
    > the pSeries-specific 7014 rack. Do they use the same front-to-back
    > spacing for the mounting posts? I do not have a rack here to check.
    >
    > I would like to put a p520 in a rack, and future purchases of PC-based
    > servers should be able to go into the same rack. There is a locally
    > available Netbay rack that we can use, or we could get the OEM rails
    > and a rack with square holes.

    The P4 and P5 machines are supposed to fix into any standard wide19"
    rack whatever the standard depth is would apply as well.

+ Reply to Thread