Autofs help - Aix

This is a discussion on Autofs help - Aix ; When i use solaris and hpux (im new to AIX), when i browse to /net/ server it automounts the NFS share (i have these shared out from a solaris box). However i cannot do the same in AIX. I can ...

  1. Autofs help

    When i use solaris and hpux (im new to AIX), when i browse to /net/
    server it automounts the NFS share (i have these shared out from a
    solaris box). However i cannot do the same in AIX. I can physically
    mount the remote FS, but i expect users will be mounting stuff from
    various locations on the network, and it will just make it easier to
    just browse to the location.

    Is there any way to enable this in AIX (5.3 ML3) ?

    Thanks

  2. Re: Autofs help

    On Feb 20, 9:30 am, "bomahony" wrote:
    > When i use solaris and hpux (im new to AIX), when i browse to /net/
    > server it automounts the NFS share (i have these shared out from a
    > solaris box). However i cannot do the same in AIX. I can physically
    > mount the remote FS, but i expect users will be mounting stuff from
    > various locations on the network, and it will just make it easier to
    > just browse to the location.
    >
    > Is there any way to enable this in AIX (5.3 ML3) ?
    >
    > Thanks

    Be sure your 'automountd' deamon is running and that you have setup /
    etc/auto.master, it should be similar to /etc/auto_master on Solaris.

    HTH,
    Pete's

  3. Re: Autofs help

    On Feb 21, 2:54 pm, "Pete's" wrote:
    > On Feb 20, 9:30 am, "bomahony" wrote:
    >
    > > When i use solaris and hpux (im new to AIX), when i browse to /net/
    > > server it automounts the NFS share (i have these shared out from a
    > > solaris box). However i cannot do the same in AIX. I can physically
    > > mount the remote FS, but i expect users will be mounting stuff from
    > > various locations on the network, and it will just make it easier to
    > > just browse to the location.

    > > Is there any way to enable this in AIX (5.3 ML3) ?

    > > Thanks

    > Be sure your 'automountd' deamon is running and that you have setup /
    > etc/auto.master, it should be similar to /etc/auto_master on Solaris.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Pete's

    Perfect.

    thanx for that.