Propagating passwd (and other files) for authentication - Aix

This is a discussion on Propagating passwd (and other files) for authentication - Aix ; Does anyone know the exact files from /etc and /etc/security that need to be copied from one node another to copy login credentials? In Linux, if I copy /etc/{passwd,group,shadow}, this works. I haven't been able to figure out which I ...

  1. Propagating passwd (and other files) for authentication

    Does anyone know the exact files from /etc and /etc/security that need
    be copied from one node another to copy login credentials? In Linux,
    if I copy /etc/{passwd,group,shadow}, this works. I haven't been able
    to figure out which I need for AIX.

    Thanks,
    Craig

  2. Re: Propagating passwd (and other files) for authentication

    AIX uses /etc/securrity/passwd for the encrypted passwords.

  3. Re: Propagating passwd (and other files) for authentication

    ctierney42 wrote:
    > Does anyone know the exact files from /etc and /etc/security that need
    > be copied from one node another to copy login credentials? In Linux,
    > if I copy /etc/{passwd,group,shadow}, this works. I haven't been able
    > to figure out which I need for AIX.

    From http://www.faqs.org/faqs/aix-faq/part1/section-13.html

    To duplicate the password and group entries from another AIX box,
    copy /etc/passwd, /etc/group, /etc/security/passwd, /etc/security/group,
    /etc/security/user, /etc/security/limits, /etc/security/environ. The
    last three are optional unless you modified them. If you modified
    /etc/security/login.cfg, you should also copy that file.

    Regards,
    Greg

+ Reply to Thread