Blank passwords and the shadow file - Aix

This is a discussion on Blank passwords and the shadow file - Aix ; Hello, If someone does not have a password on a server, does the hash file in the shadow file show anything? e.g. password = Y5OtAjZTQJUBw Sorry if my terminology is incorrect, I'm a n00b and can not test it myself. ...

  1. Blank passwords and the shadow file

    Hello,

    If someone does not have a password on a server, does the hash file in
    the shadow file show anything?

    e.g. password = Y5OtAjZTQJUBw

    Sorry if my terminology is incorrect, I'm a n00b and can not test it
    myself.

    Thank you

  2. Re: Blank passwords and the shadow file

    On Feb 13, 6:25 pm, "Randy G" wrote:
    > Hello,
    >
    > If someone does not have a password on a server, does the hash file in
    > the shadow file show anything?
    >
    > e.g. password = Y5OtAjZTQJUBw
    >
    > Sorry if my terminology is incorrect, I'm a n00b and can not test it
    > myself.
    >
    > Thank you

    If a password has never been established for a user account via the
    passwd command, the /etc/security/passwd file will have no stanza for
    that user account at all.

+ Reply to Thread