Idle Oracle Process has removed automatically in AIX5.2 TL09 - Aix

This is a discussion on Idle Oracle Process has removed automatically in AIX5.2 TL09 - Aix ; Hello, I am creating oracle connection from one aix5.2 machine to anothe aix5.2 database machine. Oracle connection i am reusing it always. I there is now work for java thread to process, oracle instance will b idle and will be ...

  1. Idle Oracle Process has removed automatically in AIX5.2 TL09

    Hello,

    I am creating oracle connection from one aix5.2 machine to anothe
    aix5.2 database machine. Oracle connection i am reusing it always. I
    there is now work for java thread to process, oracle instance will b
    idle and will be active once java thread processes.

    We have installed OS Technical patch(5200-09) recently in bot
    machines. After this patch, Oracle connection is getting removed afte
    sometime in database AIX machine. So, Java application is gettin
    ORA-03113 error.

    There is no timeout parameters for oracle. It was working fine befor
    installing new TL09 patch.

    IS there any kernal parameter removing oracle process after some hour
    of idle time???

    --
    balaredd
    balareddy's Profile: http://unixadmintalk.com/110

  2. Re: Idle Oracle Process has removed automatically in AIX5.2 TL09

    Maybe this will help

    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...id=isg1IY89387

    Rgds
    Mark Taylor