How do I install PGPcmdln_6.5.8.AIX_FW.tar.gz? - Aix

This is a discussion on How do I install PGPcmdln_6.5.8.AIX_FW.tar.gz? - Aix ; I have been looking for installation instruction to install PGPcmdln_6.5.8.AIX_FW.tar.gz but have not be successfull. All I have been able to find so far is instructions for Linux using rpm. I do not use Unix/AIX a lot so I am ...

  1. How do I install PGPcmdln_6.5.8.AIX_FW.tar.gz?

    I have been looking for installation instruction to install
    PGPcmdln_6.5.8.AIX_FW.tar.gz but have not be successfull. All I have
    been able to find so far is instructions for Linux using rpm. I do
    not use Unix/AIX a lot so I am looking for step by step instructions
    on how to get this done. Thanks.

  2. Re: How do I install PGPcmdln_6.5.8.AIX_FW.tar.gz?

    On Feb 12, 2:49 pm, "rsine" wrote:
    > I have been looking for installation instruction to install
    > PGPcmdln_6.5.8.AIX_FW.tar.gz but have not be successfull. All I have
    > been able to find so far is instructions for Linux using rpm. I do
    > not use Unix/AIX a lot so I am looking for step by step instructions
    > on how to get this done. Thanks.

    For all the novices like me, I was able to find the solution and here
    it is:

    step 1: gzip -d < PGPcmdln_6.5.8.AIX_FW.tar.gz | tar xvf -

    This will unzip 4 files one of which is PGPcmdln_6.5.8_AIX_FW.tar.gz.

    step 2: gzip -d < PGPcmdln_6.5.8_AIX_FW.tar.gz | tar xvf -

    The application will be installed to directory pgp-6.5.8 and can be
    executed using ./pgp.

+ Reply to Thread