Problem with mksysb - Aix

This is a discussion on Problem with mksysb - Aix ; Hi, I did a mksysb with the following command ( to get a DVD image ): mkcd -C /woks/sav_sys -I /work/sav_sys -L -S When I restored with the DVD, I lost some configurations parameters (AIX 5.2) - vg conf - ...

  1. Problem with mksysb

    Hi,

    I did a mksysb with the following command ( to get a DVD image ):
    mkcd -C /woks/sav_sys -I /work/sav_sys -L -S

    When I restored with the DVD, I lost some configurations parameters (AIX
    5.2)
    - vg conf
    - TCP/IP conf
    - aio
    - maxuprc

    Do you what I miss or did wrong ?

    Thanks in advance ...

  2. Re: Problem with mksysb

    mksysb does not backup everything; IBM sells another product call
    Tivoli Storage Manager - System Backup and Recovery. This product is
    mksysb on steroids that has features such as:
    Backing up volume groups rather than just rootvg
    Backs up TCP/IP configuration including static routes
    Backs up complete device configurations
    etc...

    astalavista wote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I did a mksysb with the following command ( to get a DVD image ):
    > mkcd -C /woks/sav_sys -I /work/sav_sys -L -S
    >
    > When I restored with the DVD, I lost some configurations parameters (AIX
    > 5.2)
    > - vg conf
    > - TCP/IP conf
    > - aio