Vehicle Registration forms? From AIX screen or not? - Aix

This is a discussion on Vehicle Registration forms? From AIX screen or not? - Aix ; As QUOTED by the article above like this below: "DMV vehicle registration fee systems are deployed across two different systems. The DMV automated fee system is deployed on RS/ 6000 AIX computers at each of the DMV's 167 field offices ...

  1. Vehicle Registration forms? From AIX screen or not?

    As QUOTED by the article above like this below:

    "DMV vehicle registration fee systems are deployed across two
    different systems. The DMV automated fee system is deployed on RS/
    6000
    AIX computers at each of the DMV's 167 field offices and Sacramento
    headquarters. It processes customer initiated vehicle registration
    transactions in real time in IBM's proprietary Event Driven Language
    (EDL)."

    So my question is....SO is this what this piece of the paragraph
    quoted above from the article pertains to actually this below???
    http://www.dmv.ca.gov/images/brochur.../htvr15med.jpg

  2. Re: Vehicle Registration forms? From AIX screen or not?

    as400 wrote:
    > As QUOTED by the article above like this below:
    >
    > "DMV vehicle registration fee systems are deployed across two
    > different systems. The DMV automated fee system is deployed on RS/
    > 6000
    > AIX computers at each of the DMV's 167 field offices and Sacramento
    > headquarters. It processes customer initiated vehicle registration
    > transactions in real time in IBM's proprietary Event Driven Language
    > (EDL)."
    >
    > So my question is....SO is this what this piece of the paragraph
    > quoted above from the article pertains to actually this below???
    > http://www.dmv.ca.gov/images/brochur.../htvr15med.jpg

    Please do not continue making redundant posts. If someone in this group
    authoritatively knew, they would've answered.

    That printed form means absolutely nothing. It could've come from
    anything.

    Have you tried contacting the DMV IT department? If you have legitimate
    reason to need to know, there should be no trouble.

    Sorry, but by the way your posting, your motive comes off as potentially
    nefarious.

  3. Re: Vehicle Registration forms? From AIX screen or not?

    How can I contact them?? Is there a direct Help Desk ewere I can
    reach them?

    On Feb 10, 6:07 am, Kevin Bowling
    wrote:
    > as400 wrote:
    > > As QUOTED by the article above like this below:

    > > "DMV vehicle registration fee systems are deployed across two
    > > different systems. The DMV automated fee system is deployed on RS/
    > > 6000
    > > AIX computers at each of the DMV's 167 field offices and Sacramento
    > > headquarters. It processes customer initiated vehicle registration
    > > transactions in real time in IBM's proprietary Event Driven Language
    > > (EDL)."

    > > So my question is....SO is this what this piece of the paragraph
    > > quoted above from the article pertains to actually this below???
    > >http://www.dmv.ca.gov/images/brochur.../htvr15med.jpg

    > Please do not continue making redundant posts. If someone in this group
    > authoritatively knew, they would've answered.
    >
    > That printed form means absolutely nothing. It could've come from
    > anything.
    >
    > Have you tried contacting the DMV IT department? If you have legitimate
    > reason to need to know, there should be no trouble.
    >
    > Sorry, but by the way your posting, your motive comes off as potentially
    > nefarious.

+ Reply to Thread