MCA RS6000 and PS/2 cards - Aix

This is a discussion on MCA RS6000 and PS/2 cards - Aix ; This is probably a very dumb question, but would a MCA video card off a PS/2 work in a MCA RS6000? If not, does anyone have a lead on a video card that would work in a RS6000/590? -- Mauricio ...

  1. MCA RS6000 and PS/2 cards

    --
    Mauricio raub-kudria-com
    (if you need to email me, use this address =)

  2. Re: MCA RS6000 and PS/2 cards

    Mauricio Tavares wrote:
    > This is probably a very dumb question, but would a MCA video card
    > off a PS/2 work in a MCA RS6000? If not, does anyone have a lead on a
    > video card that would work in a RS6000/590?

    No, PS/2 video cards will not work. You need an MCA framebuffer. Most
    are made by IBM in the GXT* series. The type 1-E GXT150M is fairly
    common and has a 13W3 connection.

+ Reply to Thread