How to unzip and install the files in AIX 5.3 Unix Server - Aix

This is a discussion on How to unzip and install the files in AIX 5.3 Unix Server - Aix ; Hi Unix Group Mates, I would like to seek your advice. I'm trying to upgrade the zip and unzip utilities for our AIX 5.3 Unix Server. I have download the installer to my local notebook. However I don't know how ...

  1. How to unzip and install the files in AIX 5.3 Unix Server

    Hi Unix Group Mates,
    I would like to seek your advice. I'm trying to upgrade the zip and
    unzip utilities for our AIX 5.3 Unix Server. I have download the
    installer to my local notebook. However I don't know how to install
    this to the server.
    I'm really looking forward for my friends reply here.
    Many thanks in advance.

    I really appreciate all of your help.

    Best Regards,
    Afeena, Malaysia

  2. Re: How to unzip and install the files in AIX 5.3 Unix Server

    On 8 fev, 09:49, "afeena83" wrote:
    > Hi Unix Group Mates,
    > I would like to seek your advice. I'm trying to upgrade the zip and
    > unzip utilities for our AIX 5.3 Unix Server. I have download the
    > installer to my local notebook. However I don't know how to install
    > this to the server.
    > I'm really looking forward for my friends reply here.
    > Many thanks in advance.
    >
    > I really appreciate all of your help.
    >
    > Best Regards,
    > Afeena, Malaysia

    I'm considering that zip/unzip are in bff format.

    You have to copy this file to a temporary directory (if FTP copy, use
    binary format), run "inutoc ." and then execute "smitty
    install_latest".

    If it's a RPM package, it must be for AIX. Copy it to a temporary
    directory then upgrade like you would do in linux (rpm -Uvh
    ).

    Anderson

+ Reply to Thread