nsf mount file system on AIX 5.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on nsf mount file system on AIX 5.3 - Aix ; We have a AIX server with 2 LPAR on it. One is AIX 5.2 and the other AIX 5.3. The tape device is attached to AIX 5.3 LPAR. Since it is hard (If not impossible) to switch the tape device ...

  1. nsf mount file system on AIX 5.3

    We have a AIX server with 2 LPAR on it. One is AIX 5.2 and the other
    AIX 5.3. The tape device is attached to AIX 5.3 LPAR. Since it is hard
    (If not impossible) to switch the tape device between the LPARS we
    decided to create a nsf mount file system from the system that has the
    tape drive. I have added the IP addresses/names of both each other's
    hosts files so that they can see each other. Both LPARs are on the
    same volume group.

    Can some one please step me through how I can make a nsf mount file
    system from the system where we have the tape drive ?. Is it better to
    mount a new file system or use an existing one ?

    Thanks for any help.

  2. Re: nsf mount file system on AIX 5.3

    AIX won't use a device thru NFS, but you can mount your source
    directories to backup in the LPAR with tape drive, and the backup
    "locally" to the "local" tape device.

  3. Re: nsf mount file system on AIX 5.3

    On Feb 8, 9:31 pm, "ColombianJoker"
    wrote:
    > AIX won't use a device thru NFS, but you can mount your source
    > directories to backup in the LPAR with tape drive, and the backup
    > "locally" to the "local" tape device.

+ Reply to Thread