Configuring IBM 5716 FC HBA's on a SAN (HDS USP100 & Cisco MDS9506) - Aix

This is a discussion on Configuring IBM 5716 FC HBA's on a SAN (HDS USP100 & Cisco MDS9506) - Aix ; I am working with a customer to configure a IBM p-570 that has dual IBM 5716 (Emulex LP11000) cards connected to a Cisco director MDS9506 to a Hitachi USP100. The director (Cisco 9506) can see the card which logs into ...

  1. Configuring IBM 5716 FC HBA's on a SAN (HDS USP100 & Cisco MDS9506)

    I am working with a customer to configure a IBM p-570 that has dual
    IBM 5716 (Emulex LP11000) cards connected to a Cisco director MDS9506
    to a Hitachi USP100. The director (Cisco 9506) can see the card which
    logs into the port in Fabric mode. I am able to create my alias and
    put that into a new zone with out any problems. The issue I am having
    is that the Hitachi can not discover the new WWN of the card I just
    zoned out for it. The port on the Hitachi is set correctly (Point-to-
    Point, Fabric Enable). I checked the ECN on the microcode CD to make
    sure that this HBA, OS version and Switch is all supported and it is.

    Any suggestions ?

    Greg

  2. Re: Configuring IBM 5716 FC HBA's on a SAN (HDS USP100 & Cisco MDS9506)

    On Feb 7, 9:47 am, "Greg Brown" wrote:
    > I am working with a customer to configure a IBM p-570 that has dual
    > IBM 5716 (Emulex LP11000) cards connected to a Cisco director MDS9506
    > to a Hitachi USP100. The director (Cisco 9506) can see the card which
    > logs into the port in Fabric mode. I am able to create my alias and
    > put that into a new zone with out any problems. The issue I am having
    > is that the Hitachi can not discover the new WWN of the card I just
    > zoned out for it. The port on the Hitachi is set correctly (Point-to-
    > Point, Fabric Enable). I checked the ECN on the microcode CD to make
    > sure that this HBA, OS version and Switch is all supported and it is.
    >
    > Any suggestions ?
    >
    > Greg

    I figured it out. The setting on the HBA's on the p570's were set to
    AL (Arp-Loop). Had to go into smitty and change that. Also, on the
    director I forced the port to be Fabric rather than FX. BTW, the
    5716's are actually the Emulex LP10000 which are 2 GB cards. I had a
    typo in my original posting.

+ Reply to Thread