nim restores and aio - Aix

This is a discussion on nim restores and aio - Aix ; I am restoring mksysb's of my oracle server using nim and the asynchronous i/o is coming up as defined instead of available. I have the bosinst_data set to recover devices=no because I am going to restore these servers at sungard ...

  1. nim restores and aio

    I am restoring mksysb's of my oracle server using nim and the
    asynchronous i/o is coming up as defined instead of available. I have
    the bosinst_data set to recover devices=no because I am going to
    restore these servers at sungard pretty soon. I don't know if that's
    why the aio isn't coming up as available. Has anyone run into this?

  2. Re: nim restores and aio

    rstorch,
    Restoring from a mksysb won't restore the previous state of aio;
    mksysb ignores the recover_devices flag.

    See: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...5r3/index.jsp?
    topic=/com.ibm.aix.install/doc/insgdrf/mksysbmigration_custbosinst.htm

    rstorch1@netzero.net wote:
    > I am restoring mksysb's of my oracle server using nim and the
    > asynchronous i/o is coming up as defined instead of available. I have
    > the bosinst_data set to recover devices=no because I am going to
    > restore these servers at sungard pretty soon. I don't know if that's
    > why the aio isn't coming up as available. Has anyone run into this?

  3. Re: nim restores and aio

    aixwiz wrote:
    > rstorch,
    > Restoring from a mksysb won't restore the previous state of aio;
    > mksysb ignores the recover_devices flag.

    no, not all mksysbs are broken in this fashion.. 5.3-4-3 has recovered
    devices (incl. aio) just fine for me in the past. it did not restore a
    64-bit kernel, though..

    > See: http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infoce...5r3/index.jsp?
    > topic=/com.ibm.aix.install/doc/insgdrf/mksysbmigration_custbosinst.htm

    -r

+ Reply to Thread