telnet using port 4233 - Aix

This is a discussion on telnet using port 4233 - Aix ; Hello all, i have quick question im not sure what im doing wrong or missing something but, what im trying to accomplish is execute a menu from another server using telnet port 4233. I placed this info in /etc/inetd.conf "operam ...

  1. telnet using port 4233

    Hello all,

    i have quick question im not sure what im doing wrong or missing
    something but, what im trying to accomplish is execute a menu from
    another server using telnet port 4233. I placed this info in
    /etc/inetd.conf
    "operam stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/menu.sh" and
    added tcp/4233 in /etc/services. I also refreshed the inetd after the
    changes.. when I tested it, it just hangs with no data but it shows its
    connected(ESTABLISHED) to the server via 4233

    thanks
    pinoy

  2. Re: telnet using port 4233

    pinoy2ser@gmail.com wrote:

    > Hello all,
    >
    > i have quick question im not sure what im doing wrong or missing
    > something but, what im trying to accomplish is execute a menu from
    > another server using telnet port 4233. I placed this info in
    > /etc/inetd.conf
    > "operam stream tcp nowait root /usr/local/menu.sh" and
    > added tcp/4233 in /etc/services. I also refreshed the inetd after the
    > changes.. when I tested it, it just hangs with no data but it shows its
    > connected(ESTABLISHED) to the server via 4233

    Maybe both partner wait for the other to send something

+ Reply to Thread