AIX, curses and colors - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX, curses and colors - Aix ; Hi, i have an application developed with the use of standard aix curses. We are using a terminal emulator supporting ansi color, so we defined in the terminfo this capability with colors#8, pairs#64, setb=\E[4%p1%dm, setf=\E[3%p1%dm. In the application we start ...

  1. AIX, curses and colors

    Hi,
    i have an application developed with the use of standard aix curses.

    We are using a terminal emulator supporting ansi color, so we defined
    in the terminfo this capability with colors#8, pairs#64,
    setb=\E[4%p1%dm, setf=\E[3%p1%dm.

    In the application we start colors and pairs.
    At the first visualization all go well.

    Changing some information on screen and making a refresh() make some
    problem.

    Debugging the sequence of char arriving from AIX seam that curses turn
    on color, but don't turn it off.

    Making a refresh(curscr) refresh all ok, by we can't do that all the
    times because of flickering and too much time in sending and
    visualizing.

    I have tryed to change the terminfo definition but without any
    improvement.

    Any idea ?
    MP

  2. Re: AIX, curses and colors

    piccinini.massimiliano@gmail.com wrote:
    > i have an application developed with the use of standard aix curses.

    > We are using a terminal emulator supporting ansi color, so we defined
    > in the terminfo this capability with colors#8, pairs#64,
    > setb=\E[4%p1%dm, setf=\E[3%p1%dm.

    That's incomplete (curses expects either "op" or "oc" in addition).
    Also depending on the terminal emulator, you may need "bce".

    Unrelated, AIX curses assumes that "sgr" and "sgr0" tell how to switch
    alternate character set on/off.

    --
    Thomas E. Dickey
    http://invisible-island.net