various functions are not present in man - Aix

This is a discussion on various functions are not present in man - Aix ; On my AIX 5.3 various functions are not present in man. Eg man strerror Do I need to set MANPATH, or is there something that needs to be installed CHeers...

  1. various functions are not present in man

    On my AIX 5.3 various functions are not present in man. Eg
    man strerror

    Do I need to set MANPATH, or is there something that needs to be installed

    CHeers

  2. Re: various functions are not present in man

    Andrew Black (delete obvious bit) wrote:
    > On my AIX 5.3 various functions are not present in man. Eg
    > man strerror
    >
    > Do I need to set MANPATH, or is there something that needs to be installed

    You need to report this as a problem.

    One fix:

    $ cd /usr/share/man/info/EN_US/a_doc_lib
    $ ln -s /opt/ibm_help/eclipse/plugins/com.ibm.aix.doc_5.3.0/libs libs

    man strerror (and other functions) will now work.

+ Reply to Thread