Setting up Internet - Aix

This is a discussion on Setting up Internet - Aix ; Hi, I am trying to set up internet from AIX unix using proxy server, I have access to proxy server IP and port from the UNIX box. how to set up accessing the internet to route the calls to proxy ...

  1. Setting up Internet

    Hi,

    I am trying to set up internet from AIX unix using proxy server, I have
    access to proxy server IP and port from the UNIX box. how to set up
    accessing the internet to route the calls to proxy which is readily
    available. Any help would greatly apprceiate

    Thanks in advance

  2. Re: Setting up Internet

    Mallesh wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I am trying to set up internet from AIX unix using proxy server, I have
    > access to proxy server IP and port from the UNIX box. how to set up
    > accessing the internet to route the calls to proxy which is readily
    > available. Any help would greatly apprceiate

    If this means a HTTP-proxy, then you should configure your browser
    to use it. (Mozilla: Edit/Preferences/Advanced/Proxies)
    (set also 'http_proxy' enviro for lynx and wget).

    If you have a transparent proxy server (which does NAT), then
    simply define it in your AIX as default gateway.

+ Reply to Thread