Shared ethernet adapter vio server - Aix

This is a discussion on Shared ethernet adapter vio server - Aix ; I want to create a shared ethernet adapter bridge but the system is giving an error: I've got: Ent0 -> T6 Ent1 -> T7 $ mkvdev -lnagg ent0 ent1 works ok it gives me a ent3, en3 and et3 but ...

  1. Shared ethernet adapter vio server

    I want to create a shared ethernet adapter bridge but the system is
    giving an error:

    I've got:

    Ent0 -> T6
    Ent1 -> T7

    $ mkvdev -lnagg ent0 ent1 works ok
    it gives me a ent3, en3 and et3

    but mkvdev doesn't work.

    $ mkvdev -sea ent3 -vadapter ent2 -default ent2 -defaultid 105

    Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsea):
    0514-040 Error initializing a device into the kernel

    What's wrong ?? All the documentation says this is the way to configure
    it.

    Thanks in advance,

    Richard.

  2. Re: Shared ethernet adapter vio server

    You need to bring the devices into a DETACHed (or down... can't
    remember offhand) state in the oem_setup_env shell, and then go back to
    the padmin shell and run the command again. The devices cannot be
    active when you are creating an SEA.

    Richard wrote:
    > I want to create a shared ethernet adapter bridge but the system is
    > giving an error:
    >
    > I've got:
    >
    > Ent0 -> T6
    > Ent1 -> T7
    >
    > $ mkvdev -lnagg ent0 ent1 works ok
    > it gives me a ent3, en3 and et3
    >
    > but mkvdev doesn't work.
    >
    > $ mkvdev -sea ent3 -vadapter ent2 -default ent2 -defaultid 105
    >
    > Method error (/usr/lib/methods/cfgsea):
    > 0514-040 Error initializing a device into the kernel
    >
    > What's wrong ?? All the documentation says this is the way to configure
    > it.
    >
    > Thanks in advance,
    >
    > Richard.

+ Reply to Thread