HACMP Rolling Migration HACMP/ES 4.5 to HACMP 5.3 - Aix

This is a discussion on HACMP Rolling Migration HACMP/ES 4.5 to HACMP 5.3 - Aix ; Hello to all Maybe somebody could help with the following problem: I'm trying to upgrade a 2-node HACMP-cluster via a rolling Migration from HACMP/ES 4.5 to HACMP 5.3 on two p650-LPARS, AIX 5.2/ML08. (Application ORAC 9.2.07) HACMP 4.5 is at ...

  1. HACMP Rolling Migration HACMP/ES 4.5 to HACMP 5.3

    Hello to all
    Maybe somebody could help with the following problem:

    I'm trying to upgrade a 2-node HACMP-cluster via a rolling Migration
    from HACMP/ES 4.5 to HACMP 5.3
    on two p650-LPARS, AIX 5.2/ML08. (Application ORAC 9.2.07)
    HACMP 4.5 is at latest fixlevel (March 2006) and 5.3 at baselevel.

    Everythings is ok until I came to the point to start HACMP 5.3 on the
    first migrated node.

    HACMP 5.3 won't start on this node "cador"

    ERROR: Cannot find node(s): cador.
    Please ensure all requested nodes are online.
    Cluster services will not start on node(s): cador
    Please see the errors for more detail, or a trace of the above
    errors/warnings is available in /var/hacmp/log/autoverify.log

    "gorlois" is the 2nd node, still on HACMP 4.5

    I've check autoverify.log -> points to problem with "cl_rsh "
    Same Info in clcomd.log

    Tried manually cl_rsh:
    IP works!
    hostname not!

    Maybe anybody knows something about this problem.

    Thanx in advance,

    Michael Pape

  2. Re: HACMP Rolling Migration HACMP/ES 4.5 to HACMP 5.3

    Are you updating AIX to 5.3 as well as HA/CMP? If so, is one of the
    nodes a nameserver that was previously set up using old BIND4?

    Because support for BIND4 was removed from AIX 5.3, if you had a
    nameserver running previously, it will no longer be running after the
    migration. This can cause problems when trying to resolve hostnames.

    Unfortunately, the BIND4 files are not compatible with BIND8 or BIND9,
    so you'd have to recreate your nameserver setup from scratch.

    Not sure if this is any help, but something to look at.

    John

    drumoid wrote:
    > Hello to all
    > Maybe somebody could help with the following problem:
    >
    > I'm trying to upgrade a 2-node HACMP-cluster via a rolling Migration
    > from HACMP/ES 4.5 to HACMP 5.3
    > on two p650-LPARS, AIX 5.2/ML08. (Application ORAC 9.2.07)
    > HACMP 4.5 is at latest fixlevel (March 2006) and 5.3 at baselevel.
    >
    > Everythings is ok until I came to the point to start HACMP 5.3 on the
    > first migrated node.
    >
    > HACMP 5.3 won't start on this node "cador"
    >
    > ERROR: Cannot find node(s): cador.
    > Please ensure all requested nodes are online.
    > Cluster services will not start on node(s): cador
    > Please see the errors for more detail, or a trace of the above
    > errors/warnings is available in /var/hacmp/log/autoverify.log
    >
    > "gorlois" is the 2nd node, still on HACMP 4.5
    >
    > I've check autoverify.log -> points to problem with "cl_rsh "
    > Same Info in clcomd.log
    >
    > Tried manually cl_rsh:
    > IP works!
    > hostname not!
    >
    > Maybe anybody knows something about this problem.
    >
    > Thanx in advance,
    >
    > Michael Pape

  3. Re: HACMP Rolling Migration HACMP/ES 4.5 to HACMP 5.3

    hello, John
    thanx for the Reply.

    I solved the problem with lots of help from BigBlue
    It's a missing ODMclass: HACMPcommunication

    It doesn't exit in HAES 4.5 but is recommended for HACMP 5.3
    The Migration doesn't add this class automatically.

    So after adding this Class manually to the nodes, the communication
    works and I was able to start HACMP 5.3 .
    But I made a fault by myself: A resourcegroup needed for starting
    ORAC on the migrated node was in access of the 2nd node.
    (I moved it before the migration)
    And during the Migration, it's not possible to do a RGmove.
    So I made complete Rollback to HACMP/ES 4.5

    Michael

    john.hoover@gmail.com wrote:
    > Are you updating AIX to 5.3 as well as HA/CMP? If so, is one of the
    > nodes a nameserver that was previously set up using old BIND4?
    >
    > Because support for BIND4 was removed from AIX 5.3, if you had a
    > nameserver running previously, it will no longer be running after the
    > migration. This can cause problems when trying to resolve hostnames.
    >
    > Unfortunately, the BIND4 files are not compatible with BIND8 or BIND9,
    > so you'd have to recreate your nameserver setup from scratch.
    >
    > Not sure if this is any help, but something to look at.
    >
    > John
    >
    > drumoid wrote:
    > > Hello to all
    > > Maybe somebody could help with the following problem:
    > >
    > > I'm trying to upgrade a 2-node HACMP-cluster via a rolling Migration
    > > from HACMP/ES 4.5 to HACMP 5.3
    > > on two p650-LPARS, AIX 5.2/ML08. (Application ORAC 9.2.07)
    > > HACMP 4.5 is at latest fixlevel (March 2006) and 5.3 at baselevel.
    > >
    > > Everythings is ok until I came to the point to start HACMP 5.3 on the
    > > first migrated node.
    > >
    > > HACMP 5.3 won't start on this node "cador"
    > >
    > > ERROR: Cannot find node(s): cador.
    > > Please ensure all requested nodes are online.
    > > Cluster services will not start on node(s): cador
    > > Please see the errors for more detail, or a trace of the above
    > > errors/warnings is available in /var/hacmp/log/autoverify.log
    > >
    > > "gorlois" is the 2nd node, still on HACMP 4.5
    > >
    > > I've check autoverify.log -> points to problem with "cl_rsh "
    > > Same Info in clcomd.log
    > >
    > > Tried manually cl_rsh:
    > > IP works!
    > > hostname not!
    > >
    > > Maybe anybody knows something about this problem.
    > >
    > > Thanx in advance,
    > >
    > > Michael Pape

+ Reply to Thread