Restoring Cron - Aix

This is a discussion on Restoring Cron - Aix ; Hello, One of my users has editted their crontab with vi, and saved rubbish. Since they didn't HUP the cron daemon, cron is still running the old, correct crontab. I can easily restore /var/spool/cron/crontabs/user from tape, but I am curious ...

  1. Restoring Cron

    Hello,

    One of my users has editted their crontab with vi, and saved rubbish.
    Since they didn't HUP the cron daemon, cron is still running the old,
    correct crontab.

    I can easily restore /var/spool/cron/crontabs/user from tape, but I am
    curious to know if there is a way to get cron's in-memory configuration
    dumped out again. Is it possible to do in reverse what cron does? Can
    we get the crontab entry that led to what cron holds in memory?

    S.

  2. Re: Restoring Cron

    Have you tried "crontab -l" for the userid ?

+ Reply to Thread