iostat error - Aix

This is a discussion on iostat error - Aix ; Hi, I am getting following error, when running iostat command in p5 590 lpar running with AIX 5.3 ML2. suggest me a solution for this....

  1. iostat error

    Hi,

    I am getting following error, when running iostat command in
    p5 590 lpar running with AIX 5.3 ML2.
    suggest me a solution for this.

  2. Re: iostat error

    which error?

    gopikrishnan.gunasekaran@gmail.com 累己:

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am getting following error, when running iostat command in
    > p5 590 lpar running with AIX 5.3 ML2.
    > suggest me a solution for this.

  3. Re: iostat error

    choreia wrote:
    > which error?
    >

    > gopikrishnan.gunasekaran@gmail.com 累己:
    >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am getting following error, when running iostat command in
    > > p5 590 lpar running with AIX 5.3 ML2.
    > > suggest me a solution for this.

    Sorry,

    I forgot to post the error:
    #iostat 2 2

    "Error : Entry could not be made in the hash table"

  4. Re: iostat error

    I know its difficult, but could you give me a recreate scenario. I'll
    try to debug once I reproduce.

    Thanks and regards,
    Rajbir Bhattacharjee

    gopikrishnan.gunasekaran@gmail.com wrote:
    > choreia wrote:
    > > which error?
    > >

    > > gopikrishnan.gunasekaran@gmail.com 累己:
    > >
    > > > Hi,
    > > >
    > > > I am getting following error, when running iostat command in
    > > > p5 590 lpar running with AIX 5.3 ML2.
    > > > suggest me a solution for this.

    > Sorry,
    >
    > I forgot to post the error:
    > #iostat 2 2
    >
    > "Error : Entry could not be made in the hash table"

  5. Re: iostat error

    Hi Rajbir,

    Im getting this error in a freshly installed OS on a machine.
    But topas is showing the disk utilizations, iostat is only giving this
    error.

    Regards,
    Gopi Krishnan. G

    rajbir wrote:
    > I know its difficult, but could you give me a recreate scenario. I'll
    > try to debug once I reproduce.
    >
    > Thanks and regards,
    > Rajbir Bhattacharjee
    >

    > gopikrishnan.gunasekaran@gmail.com wrote:
    > > choreia wrote:
    > > > which error?
    > > >

    > > > gopikrishnan.gunasekaran@gmail.com 累己:

    > > Sorry,
    > >
    > > I forgot to post the error:
    > > #iostat 2 2
    > >
    > > "Error : Entry could not be made in the hash table"

  6. Re: iostat error

    Hmmm... Unfortunately this is more difficult to produce than it seems.
    I have never faced this problem with any of the machines I
    installed/worked on. If I ever face such a problem, I'll let you know
    the cause.

    Thanks and regards,
    Rajbir Bhattacharjee

    gopikrishnan.gunasekaran@gmail.com wrote:
    > Hi Rajbir,
    >
    > Im getting this error in a freshly installed OS on a machine.
    > But topas is showing the disk utilizations, iostat is only giving this
    > error.
    >
    > Regards,
    > Gopi Krishnan. G
    >
    > rajbir wrote:
    > > I know its difficult, but could you give me a recreate scenario. I'll
    > > try to debug once I reproduce.
    > >
    > > Thanks and regards,
    > > Rajbir Bhattacharjee
    > >

    > > gopikrishnan.gunasekaran@gmail.com wrote:

    > > > Sorry,
    > > >
    > > > I forgot to post the error:
    > > > #iostat 2 2
    > > >
    > > > "Error : Entry could not be made in the hash table"

+ Reply to Thread