Shrink filesystem - Aix

This is a discussion on Shrink filesystem - Aix ; Hi, Is it possible to shrink a JFS2 filesystem ? online ? ( no-umount) how ? Thanks for your lights...

  1. Shrink filesystem

    Hi,

    Is it possible to shrink a JFS2 filesystem ?
    online ? ( no-umount)
    how ?

    Thanks for your lights

  2. Re: Shrink filesystem

    astalavista wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is it possible to shrink a JFS2 filesystem ?
    > online ? ( no-umount)
    > how ?
    >
    > Thanks for your lights

    yep, on AIX 5.3 only though .. chfs -a size=-1G /filesystem

    On anything less than 5.3 then you have to either recreate by hand or
    if its a rootvg filesystem then using the "shrink filesystem" option on
    a mksysb restore (( you can change /home manually though ))

    Rgds
    Mark Taylor

  3. Re: Shrink filesystem

    Yes, under AIX 5.3 only. Caveat - if this is an active production
    system I would do it after hours to avoid overhead.

    Mark Taylor wrote:
    > astalavista wrote:
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > Is it possible to shrink a JFS2 filesystem ?
    > > online ? ( no-umount)
    > > how ?
    > >
    > > Thanks for your lights

    > yep, on AIX 5.3 only though .. chfs -a size=-1G /filesystem
    >
    > On anything less than 5.3 then you have to either recreate by hand or
    > if its a rootvg filesystem then using the "shrink filesystem" option on
    > a mksysb restore (( you can change /home manually though ))
    >
    > Rgds
    > Mark Taylor

+ Reply to Thread