When is the next release of AIX (5.4?)? - Aix

This is a discussion on When is the next release of AIX (5.4?)? - Aix ; Anyone know what the schedule is for the next release of AIX - I assume 5.4? Also, does anyone know how to find this sort of roadmap information of upcoming releases on the IBM website, or through PartnerWorld. I can't ...

  1. When is the next release of AIX (5.4?)?

    Anyone know what the schedule is for the next release of AIX - I assume
    5.4? Also, does anyone know how to find this sort of roadmap
    information of upcoming releases on the IBM website, or through
    PartnerWorld. I can't find anything.

    I'm trying to make plans for moving some software to the next release
    of AIX & want an idea of tentative dates.

    Thanks, Tim

  2. Re: When is the next release of AIX (5.4?)?

    tim wrote:
    > Anyone know what the schedule is for the next release of AIX - I assume
    > 5.4? Also, does anyone know how to find this sort of roadmap
    > information of upcoming releases on the IBM website, or through
    > PartnerWorld. I can't find anything.
    >
    > I'm trying to make plans for moving some software to the next release
    > of AIX & want an idea of tentative dates.
    >
    > Thanks, Tim

    This will coincide with p6 GA, which should be Mid 2007 (Aug)

    Rgds
    Mark Taylor

  3. Re: When is the next release of AIX (5.4?)?

    You probably have two more 5.3s coming your way. About the time of the
    second 5.3, 5.4 will also be released.

    Thanks and regards,
    Rajbir Bhattacharjee

    tim wrote:
    > Anyone know what the schedule is for the next release of AIX - I assume
    > 5.4? Also, does anyone know how to find this sort of roadmap
    > information of upcoming releases on the IBM website, or through
    > PartnerWorld. I can't find anything.
    >
    > I'm trying to make plans for moving some software to the next release
    > of AIX & want an idea of tentative dates.
    >
    > Thanks, Tim

+ Reply to Thread