Anyone know the release date for AIX 5.4? - Aix

This is a discussion on Anyone know the release date for AIX 5.4? - Aix ; I'm trying to determine the tentative release date for the next release of AIX, I assume 5.4. I've searched the IBM web site as well as the IBM PartnerWorld site. I have been able to find anything. Also, does anyone ...

  1. Anyone know the release date for AIX 5.4?

    I'm trying to determine the tentative release date for the next release
    of AIX, I assume 5.4. I've searched the IBM web site as well as the
    IBM PartnerWorld site. I have been able to find anything.

    Also, does anyone know where this sort of infomation is on the IBM
    site?

    Thanks, Tim

    (first attempt at posting this question failed)

  2. Re: Anyone know the release date for AIX 5.4?

    tim wrote:
    > I'm trying to determine the tentative release date for the next release
    > of AIX, I assume 5.4. I've searched the IBM web site as well as the
    > IBM PartnerWorld site. I have been able to find anything.
    >
    > Also, does anyone know where this sort of infomation is on the IBM
    > site?
    >
    > Thanks, Tim
    >
    > (first attempt at posting this question failed)

    It will line up with the release of the Power 6

  3. Re: Anyone know the release date for AIX 5.4?

    It will take some time. A lot of major changes are going into 5.4.
    Meanwhile a few 5.3s are coming your way.

    Thanks and regards,
    Rajbir Bhattacharjee

    tim wrote:
    > I'm trying to determine the tentative release date for the next release
    > of AIX, I assume 5.4. I've searched the IBM web site as well as the
    > IBM PartnerWorld site. I have been able to find anything.
    >
    > Also, does anyone know where this sort of infomation is on the IBM
    > site?
    >
    > Thanks, Tim
    >
    > (first attempt at posting this question failed)

+ Reply to Thread