JFS to JFS2 ... - Aix

This is a discussion on JFS to JFS2 ... - Aix ; Hi, Is there a tool to convert JFS filesystems to JFS2 ? AIX 5.3 Thanks advance ......

  1. JFS to JFS2 ...

    Hi,

    Is there a tool to convert JFS filesystems to JFS2 ?
    AIX 5.3

    Thanks advance ...

  2. Re: JFS to JFS2 ...

    astalavista wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Is there a tool to convert JFS filesystems to JFS2 ?
    > AIX 5.3
    >
    > Thanks advance ...

    No tools. There are some write ups out there on how to do this on rootvg.

    I did this in my last job on over 5TB of file systems. Took a couple of
    months with the downtime I had, but it was worth it. My memory
    utilization on the larger volume systems dropped immensely.

+ Reply to Thread