Netbackup on AIX - Aix

This is a discussion on Netbackup on AIX - Aix ; Hi All, I have Veritas Netbackup running on my AIX. The Media Server is on one of the AIX system. There is a need to change the hostname and IP address of the media servers, I have done that on ...

  1. Netbackup on AIX

    Hi All,

    I have Veritas Netbackup running on my AIX. The Media Server is on one of
    the AIX system. There is a need to change the hostname and IP address of the
    media servers, I have done that on the AIX portion, but now the Veritas
    cannot work with the new IP and hostname. Anyone can advise what needs to be
    done on the Veritas? Any lead will be good.

    Thanks.

  2. Re: Netbackup on AIX

    NetBackup lives and dies by reverseDNS lookup. If you can't do a
    forward and reverse lookup from both sides, then it'll never work.

    When you changed the name and IP, did you change DNS, too? Run an
    nslookup on both the name and IP address and verify that it's correct.

    Shot wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have Veritas Netbackup running on my AIX. The Media Server is on one of
    > the AIX system. There is a need to change the hostname and IP address of the
    > media servers, I have done that on the AIX portion, but now the Veritas
    > cannot work with the new IP and hostname. Anyone can advise what needs to be
    > done on the Veritas? Any lead will be good.
    >
    > Thanks.

  3. Re: Netbackup on AIX

    Shot wrote:
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have Veritas Netbackup running on my AIX. The Media Server is on one of
    > the AIX system. There is a need to change the hostname and IP address of the
    > media servers, I have done that on the AIX portion, but now the Veritas
    > cannot work with the new IP and hostname. Anyone can advise what needs to be
    > done on the Veritas? Any lead will be good.
    >
    > Thanks.

    cd to usr/openv/netbackup and edit the bp.conf file to include the new
    hostname. Little more detail on problem would help, such error status
    codes in netbackup.

  4. Re: Netbackup on AIX

    squirm0...@gmail.com wrote:
    > Shot wrote:
    > > Hi All,
    > >
    > > I have Veritas Netbackup running on my AIX. The Media Server is on one of
    > > the AIX system. There is a need to change the hostname and IP address of the
    > > media servers, I have done that on the AIX portion, but now the Veritas
    > > cannot work with the new IP and hostname. Anyone can advise what needs to be
    > > done on the Veritas? Any lead will be good.
    > >
    > > Thanks.

    > cd to usr/openv/netbackup and edit the bp.conf file to include the new
    > hostname. Little more detail on problem would help, such error status
    > codes in netbackup.

    there's a lot more to it.. the master server would still think the
    media server is the old hostname. all of the media would be owned by
    the old hostname. the new hostname would not be recognized as a media
    server.. lots of things to be considered...

    since it sounds like you already made the change, most likely best
    option would be to create a new media server with the new hostname and
    migrate all the media server information to the new hostname..

  5. Re: Netbackup on AIX

    Guys,

    Thaks for the info. Have to recreate the media server then.

    "Shot" wrote in message
    > Hi All,
    >
    > I have Veritas Netbackup running on my AIX. The Media Server is on one of
    > the AIX system. There is a need to change the hostname and IP address of
    > the media servers, I have done that on the AIX portion, but now the
    > Veritas cannot work with the new IP and hostname. Anyone can advise what
    > needs to be done on the Veritas? Any lead will be good.
    >
    > Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread