AIX Problem - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX Problem - Aix ; I have a strange Problem on my AIX box.I have installed AIX 5.3 and configured the Network parameters. After configuring the tcp/ip parameters iam able to ping only my default gateway and hosts in the other subnet.but iam not able ...

  1. AIX Problem

    I have a strange Problem on my AIX box.I have installed AIX 5.3 and
    configured the Network parameters. After configuring the tcp/ip
    parameters iam able to ping only my default gateway and hosts in the
    other subnet.but iam not able to ping hosts on my own subnet.What may
    be the problem.

    The subnet mask and other variables are correct i cross checked them

    regards
    karthik

  2. Re: AIX Problem

    Srikumar.karthiknarayanan@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have a strange Problem on my AIX box.I have installed AIX 5.3 and
    > configured the Network parameters. After configuring the tcp/ip
    > parameters iam able to ping only my default gateway and hosts in the
    > other subnet.but iam not able to ping hosts on my own subnet.What may
    > be the problem.
    >
    > The subnet mask and other variables are correct i cross checked them
    >

    > regards
    > karthik

    Check your subnet mask .. and paste some more info .. like network
    ranges / ips / subnet masks / default g/w

    You are not running a firewall are you ?

    Rgds
    Mark Taylor

  3. Re: AIX Problem

    My network details are as follows

    ip: 172.16.22.117

    Subnet Mask:255.255.255.0

    Default gateway: 172.16.22.129

    i am able to ping 172.16.22.129 and other network ip 172.16.21.131..but
    iam not able to ping machine in my own lan with ip 172.16.22.106 and
    sbmask 255.255.255.0

    regards
    Karthik
    Mark Taylor wrote:
    > Srikumar.karthiknarayanan@gmail.com wrote:
    > > I have a strange Problem on my AIX box.I have installed AIX 5.3 and
    > > configured the Network parameters. After configuring the tcp/ip
    > > parameters iam able to ping only my default gateway and hosts in the
    > > other subnet.but iam not able to ping hosts on my own subnet.What may
    > > be the problem.
    > >
    > > The subnet mask and other variables are correct i cross checked them
    > >

    > > regards
    > > karthik

    > Check your subnet mask .. and paste some more info .. like network
    > ranges / ips / subnet masks / default g/w
    >
    > You are not running a firewall are you ?
    >
    > Rgds
    > Mark Taylor

  4. Re: AIX Problem

    Srikumar.karthiknarayanan@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have a strange Problem on my AIX box.I have installed AIX 5.3 and
    > configured the Network parameters. After configuring the tcp/ip
    > parameters iam able to ping only my default gateway and hosts in the
    > other subnet.but iam not able to ping hosts on my own subnet.What may
    > be the problem.
    >
    > The subnet mask and other variables are correct i cross checked them
    >

    > regards
    > karthik

    Send us the output from your netstat -rn command. I've seen
    something like this before. Problem was multiple NICs and the wrong
    GW/Subnet.

    Steve

+ Reply to Thread