DLPAR Memory Addition and Removal process is very slow ?? - Aix

This is a discussion on DLPAR Memory Addition and Removal process is very slow ?? - Aix ; Hi, I have the problem while removing or adding Memory to a Dynamic LPAR on a p570 (9117 16-way), the system is taking too much time for adding and removal of memory and some times it gives error of timeout. ...

  1. DLPAR Memory Addition and Removal process is very slow ??

    Hi,

    I have the problem while removing or adding Memory to a Dynamic LPAR on
    a p570 (9117 16-way), the system is taking too much time for adding and
    removal of memory and some times it gives error of timeout. However the
    other resources movement/allocation are working fine and very fast.

    Does anybody experienced problems like that?

    My System is running at AIX 5.2 ML06 and with all latest firmware.

    Thanks

    Ali

  2. Re: DLPAR Memory Addition and Removal process is very slow ??

    jawaid_naz@hotmail.com wrote:

    > I have the problem while removing or adding Memory to a Dynamic LPAR on
    > a p570 (9117 16-way), the system is taking too much time for adding and
    > removal of memory and some times it gives error of timeout. However the
    > other resources movement/allocation are working fine and very fast.
    >
    > Does anybody experienced problems like that?
    >
    > My System is running at AIX 5.2 ML06 and with all latest firmware.

    It all depends on what you mean by "too much time". Remember that when
    moving CPUs or adapters around, there is little context to save
    compared to memory. If you are moving unallocated memory into an LPAR
    then there is little to save also but if you are removing memory from
    an LPAR then all the pageable data in that memory must be saved to
    paging.

+ Reply to Thread