Add on syslogd daemons (syslog-ng/rsyslog/nsyslogd) - Aix

This is a discussion on Add on syslogd daemons (syslog-ng/rsyslog/nsyslogd) - Aix ; Has anybody compiled and ran one of these for AIX, specifically 5.3? I am particually interested due to the ability to log directly into a MySQL database. Any and all input welcome and appreciated....

  1. Add on syslogd daemons (syslog-ng/rsyslog/nsyslogd)

    Has anybody compiled and ran one of these for AIX, specifically 5.3? I
    am particually interested due to the ability to log directly into a
    MySQL database.

    Any and all input welcome and appreciated.

  2. Re: Add on syslogd daemons (syslog-ng/rsyslog/nsyslogd)

    I've successfully run MSyslog (Modular Syslog) from
    http://oss.coresecurity.com/projects/msyslog.html on AIX5.2. We're
    currently running it on a Dell (RedHat Enterprise) system.

    #mysqladmin status
    Uptime: 6269913 Threads: 4 Questions: 83222762 Slow queries: 37
    Opens: 16 Flush tables: 1 Open tables: 10 Queries per second avg:
    13.273

    #uptime
    00:36:51 up 72 days, 13:49, 2 users, load average: 0.11, 0.58, 0.45

    The database currently has 120304950 entries from ~150 hosts.

    On Wed, 3 Jan 2007, Scott wrote:

    > Has anybody compiled and ran one of these for AIX, specifically 5.3? I
    > am particually interested due to the ability to log directly into a
    > MySQL database.
    >
    > Any and all input welcome and appreciated.

+ Reply to Thread