xlf AIX compiler for files with .f and .f90 suffix - Aix

This is a discussion on xlf AIX compiler for files with .f and .f90 suffix - Aix ; I have FORTRAN source code consisting of both .f and .f90 files. When I invoke the xlf compiler on the .f90 file, it gives the error "contains an incorrect file suffix". Same thing if I invoke the f90 compiler on ...

  1. xlf AIX compiler for files with .f and .f90 suffix

    I have FORTRAN source code consisting of both .f and .f90 files. When I

    invoke the xlf compiler on the .f90 file, it gives the error "contains
    an incorrect file suffix". Same thing if I invoke the f90 compiler on
    the .f file.

    Is there a way to invoke the same compiler and have it work for both
    types of files?

  2. Re: xlf AIX compiler for files with .f and .f90 suffix

    On 2 Jan 2007 10:44:13 -0800, McKinldj@westinghouse.com wrote:
    > I have FORTRAN source code consisting of both .f and .f90 files. When I

    > invoke the xlf compiler on the .f90 file, it gives the error "contains
    > an incorrect file suffix". Same thing if I invoke the f90 compiler on
    > the .f file.

    > Is there a way to invoke the same compiler and have it work for both
    > types of files?

    Answered in comp.lang.fortran.

    --
    Dave Seaman
    U.S. Court of Appeals to review three issues

+ Reply to Thread