Problem adding new print queues. . . - Aix

This is a discussion on Problem adding new print queues. . . - Aix ; Hi- We are in the process of doing a big conversion and while the conversion is underway, out hardware and software is temporarily being hosted off site, which also means we don't have root access. However, we DO have enough ...

  1. Problem adding new print queues. . .

    Hi-

    We are in the process of doing a big conversion and while the
    conversion is underway, out hardware and software is temporarily being
    hosted off site, which also means we don't have root access. However, we
    DO have enough privs to create print queues and are trying to create a
    few local hp jet direct queues. The problem is that, even if you create
    them thru smitty, the 'Add a Print Queue' panel wants a valid hostname
    for the JetDirect Card but I have no privs to update etc/hosts...
    Anyone know a way around this?

    thanks,
    Bill

  2. Re: Problem adding new print queues. . .

    Instaed of hostname just fill in the IP-adres
    Bill wrote:
    > Hi-
    >
    > We are in the process of doing a big conversion and while the
    > conversion is underway, out hardware and software is temporarily being
    > hosted off site, which also means we don't have root access. However, we
    > DO have enough privs to create print queues and are trying to create a
    > few local hp jet direct queues. The problem is that, even if you create
    > them thru smitty, the 'Add a Print Queue' panel wants a valid hostname
    > for the JetDirect Card but I have no privs to update etc/hosts...
    > Anyone know a way around this?
    >
    > thanks,
    > Bill

+ Reply to Thread