Problems with firmware upgrades - Aix

This is a discussion on Problems with firmware upgrades - Aix ; I am having problems with my firmware upgrades, when I download and run the files to disk, then, run the upgrade, I get errors saying it can't find the file. It is like the file is being truncated in old ...

  1. Problems with firmware upgrades

    I am having problems with my firmware upgrades, when I download and run
    the files to disk, then, run the upgrade, I get errors saying it can't
    find the file. It is like the file is being truncated in old dos 8.3
    format or something. Like, if a file is suppose to be
    12345678910111213.exe, what we get is 12345678.exe. I'm lost on how to
    fix that, can anyone help??????

  2. Re: Problems with firmware upgrades

    bfalk47755 wrote:
    > I am having problems with my firmware upgrades, when I download and run
    > the files to disk, then, run the upgrade, I get errors saying it can't
    > find the file. It is like the file is being truncated in old dos 8.3
    > format or something. Like, if a file is suppose to be
    > 12345678910111213.exe, what we get is 12345678.exe. I'm lost on how to
    > fix that, can anyone help??????

    If it's on a DOS formatted diskette, that's exactly what you'll get.
    Better truncate the name before putting it on the diskette. IBM
    firmware updates are already 8.3, so I'm not sure where the problem
    started.

    Earl

  3. Re: Problems with firmware upgrades

    bfalk47755 wrote:
    > I am having problems with my firmware upgrades, when I download and run
    > the files to disk, then, run the upgrade, I get errors saying it can't
    > find the file. It is like the file is being truncated in old dos 8.3
    > format or something. Like, if a file is suppose to be
    > 12345678910111213.exe, what we get is 12345678.exe. I'm lost on how to
    > fix that, can anyone help??????

    what type of firmware are you updating? some firmware types require an
    xml file to be downloaded in the same directory. if you do not have
    that xml file, it will give you an error saying something like you
    mention.

+ Reply to Thread