ftp put hangs - Aix

This is a discussion on ftp put hangs - Aix ; I have one system that hangs during FTP PUT. No errors - just simply locks. Connection still open (lsof). Control-C does not break it. It will send about 10K then simply stop sending. I can GET 200M files just fine. ...

  1. ftp put hangs

    I have one system that hangs during FTP PUT. No errors - just simply
    locks. Connection still open (lsof). Control-C does not break it.

    It will send about 10K then simply stop sending. I can GET 200M files
    just fine. Same issue sending to different target systems. Target IDs
    have ulimits set to unlimited. Tried with different files of different
    sizes - still hangs about 10K. Tried using different user IDs to send
    - same result.

    Looking for a place to start fishing! AIX 5200-05

    TIA - Steve

  2. Re: ftp put hangs

    UncleSteve schrieb:

    > Looking for a place to start fishing! AIX 5200-05

    1) For testing use a different target filesystem
    2) check for quota
    3) Be sure that target fs is not full

    hth
    Hajo

  3. Re: ftp put hangs

    Hajo Ehlers wrote:
    > 1) For testing use a different target filesystem
    > 2) check for quota
    > 3) Be sure that target fs is not full

    4) Check ulimits

    Regards,

    Frank

  4. Re: ftp put hangs

    UncleSteve wrote:
    > I have one system that hangs during FTP PUT. No errors - just simply
    > locks. Connection still open (lsof). Control-C does not break it.
    >
    > It will send about 10K then simply stop sending. I can GET 200M files
    > just fine. Same issue sending to different target systems. Target IDs
    > have ulimits set to unlimited. Tried with different files of different
    > sizes - still hangs about 10K. Tried using different user IDs to send
    > - same result.
    >
    > Looking for a place to start fishing! AIX 5200-05
    >
    > TIA - Steve

    I saw similar behavior when the server side was running Linux. Going
    into passive mode solved the hang issue.

    Regards,
    Jon

+ Reply to Thread