MPIO NetApp - Aix

This is a discussion on MPIO NetApp - Aix ; Hi all: Anyone here using MPIO with Netapp? I have several new machines I'm attempting to utilize MPIO with. 9133-55A'S AIX 5.3 TL 05 SP 04 with 2 FC HBA's Feature Code 1910 FAS3020 Netapp in single image mode 8 ...

  1. MPIO NetApp

    Hi all:

    Anyone here using MPIO with Netapp?

    I have several new machines I'm attempting to utilize MPIO with.

    9133-55A'S AIX 5.3 TL 05 SP 04
    with 2 FC HBA's Feature Code 1910
    FAS3020 Netapp in single image mode
    8 luns on the filer
    2 Brocade Silkworm 4100's

    Each HBA is connected a different Brocade Silkworm 4100. I've read
    thru the MPIO documentation on the information center and have not been
    able get MPIO enabled. I've enabled pt2pt on both cards rather than
    al, rebooted and still do not show output from lspath. MPIO & fcp
    filesets are installed:

    devices.common.IBM.mpio.rte
    5.3.0.52 APPLIED MPIO Disk Path Control
    Module

    NetApp.fcp_attach_kit.ODM_stanzas
    1.2.0.0 COMMITTED Network Appliance FCP
    Attach
    devices.fcp.disk.array.diag
    devices.fcp.disk.array.rte
    devices.fcp.disk.rte 5.3.0.54 APPLIED FC SCSI CD-ROM, Disk,
    devices.fcp.tape.rte 5.3.0.51 APPLIED FC SCSI Tape Device
    Software
    devices.fcp.disk.array.rte
    devices.fcp.disk.rte 5.3.0.54 APPLIED FC SCSI CD-ROM, Disk,
    devices.fcp.tape.rte 5.3.0.30 COMMITTED FC SCSI Tape Device
    Software

    Essentially I see 64 hdisks when I would have expected only 8. Anyone
    have any ideas?

    TIA
    Pete's

  2. Re: MPIO NetApp

    Pete's wrote:
    > Hi all:
    >
    > Anyone here using MPIO with Netapp?
    >
    > I have several new machines I'm attempting to utilize MPIO with.
    >
    > 9133-55A'S AIX 5.3 TL 05 SP 04
    > with 2 FC HBA's Feature Code 1910
    > FAS3020 Netapp in single image mode
    > 8 luns on the filer
    > 2 Brocade Silkworm 4100's
    >
    > Each HBA is connected a different Brocade Silkworm 4100. I've read
    > thru the MPIO documentation on the information center and have not been
    > able get MPIO enabled. I've enabled pt2pt on both cards rather than
    > al, rebooted and still do not show output from lspath. MPIO & fcp
    > filesets are installed:
    >
    > devices.common.IBM.mpio.rte
    > 5.3.0.52 APPLIED MPIO Disk Path Control
    > Module
    >
    > NetApp.fcp_attach_kit.ODM_stanzas
    > 1.2.0.0 COMMITTED Network Appliance FCP
    > Attach
    > devices.fcp.disk.array.diag
    > devices.fcp.disk.array.rte
    > devices.fcp.disk.rte 5.3.0.54 APPLIED FC SCSI CD-ROM, Disk,
    > devices.fcp.tape.rte 5.3.0.51 APPLIED FC SCSI Tape Device
    > Software
    > devices.fcp.disk.array.rte
    > devices.fcp.disk.rte 5.3.0.54 APPLIED FC SCSI CD-ROM, Disk,
    > devices.fcp.tape.rte 5.3.0.30 COMMITTED FC SCSI Tape Device
    > Software
    >

    > Essentially I see 64 hdisks when I would have expected only 8. Anyone
    > have any ideas?
    >
    > TIA
    > Pete's

    Resolved. Netapp Host Attach kit 1.2 was being used, where as 'FCP IBM
    AIX Host Utils 4.0' was needed.

    Pete's

+ Reply to Thread