Planning on running ncftpd on AIX - Aix

This is a discussion on Planning on running ncftpd on AIX - Aix ; I have the need for an ftp server that will be a little more configurable on AIX and I am thinking about installing ncftpd. I want to be able to prevent users from changing to their parent directories and having ...

  1. Planning on running ncftpd on AIX

    I have the need for an ftp server that will be a little more
    configurable on AIX and I am thinking about installing ncftpd. I want
    to be able to prevent users from changing to their parent directories
    and having access to system files. I do not want to use the anonymous
    login either. My questions are this:

    Has anyone had any experiences with this ftp server software?

    What are the pros and cons of this software?

    Is there anything that I need to pay special attention to while setting
    this up?

    Is there some other software you would recommend above ncftpd?

    Thanks for any responses
    Have a Happy New Year.

  2. Re: Planning on running ncftpd on AIX

    fillyawc@hotmail.com wrote:
    > Is there some other software you would recommend above ncftpd?
    >
    > Thanks for any responses
    > Have a Happy New Year.

    I have used proftpd for years

    http://www.proftpd.org/

    And a Happy New Year to you

  3. Re: Planning on running ncftpd on AIX

    fillyawc wrote:
    > I have the need for an ftp server that will be a little more
    > configurable on AIX and I am thinking about installing ncftpd. I want
    > to be able to prevent users from changing to their parent directories
    > and having access to system files. I do not want to use the anonymous
    > login either.

    What is you oslevel?

  4. Re: Planning on running ncftpd on AIX

    uruk-hai wrote:
    ..

    > What is you oslevel?

    5.2 ml 9