Mounting an AIX nfs share from linux - Aix

This is a discussion on Mounting an AIX nfs share from linux - Aix ; I have an AIX server (5.1) with NFS. I can mount the shares from several linux machines, running fedora, redhat, but one machine with an x86_64 RHEL4, always return "Permission denied", I've looking for all tips and everything looks correct. ...

  1. Mounting an AIX nfs share from linux

    I have an AIX server (5.1) with NFS. I can mount the shares from
    several linux machines, running fedora, redhat, but one machine with an
    x86_64 RHEL4, always return "Permission denied", I've looking for all
    tips and everything looks correct. Any help will be fine.

  2. Re: Mounting an AIX nfs share from linux

    "JGoulart" writes:

    > I have an AIX server (5.1) with NFS. I can mount the shares from
    > several linux machines, running fedora, redhat, but one machine with an
    > x86_64 RHEL4, always return "Permission denied", I've looking for all
    > tips and everything looks correct. Any help will be fine.

    Presumably you already did this (since you can mount on some Linux
    machines):
    http://www.faqs.org/faqs/aix-faq/part3/section-20.html

    Check /var/log/messages on the RHEL4 machine for
    'avc: ... denied ...'
    There may be some SELinux policy that interferes with your mounts.

    Cheers,
    Remove /-nsp/ for email.

  3. Re: Mounting an AIX nfs share from linux

    I found the answer: My linux machine have a virtual IP, (oracle
    server), so, creating this entry in the AIX hosts solve the problem.
    Thanks all.

    Paul Pluzhnikov escreveu:

    > "JGoulart" writes:
    >
    > > I have an AIX server (5.1) with NFS. I can mount the shares from
    > > several linux machines, running fedora, redhat, but one machine with an
    > > x86_64 RHEL4, always return "Permission denied", I've looking for all
    > > tips and everything looks correct. Any help will be fine.

    > Presumably you already did this (since you can mount on some Linux
    > machines):
    > http://www.faqs.org/faqs/aix-faq/part3/section-20.html
    >
    > Check /var/log/messages on the RHEL4 machine for
    > 'avc: ... denied ...'
    > There may be some SELinux policy that interferes with your mounts.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > --
    > In order to understand recursion you must first understand recursion.
    > Remove /-nsp/ for email.

+ Reply to Thread