RSCT and file size monitoring!!! Tricky thing? - Aix

This is a discussion on RSCT and file size monitoring!!! Tricky thing? - Aix ; Guys I have a tricky question... i am currently using RSCT extensively for monitoring system related events across my server farms..... I am just wondering is there any way to use RSCT for monitoring any change in file sizes... My ...

  1. RSCT and file size monitoring!!! Tricky thing?

    Guys

    I have a tricky question... i am currently using RSCT extensively for
    monitoring system related events across my server farms.....

    I am just wondering is there any way to use RSCT for monitoring any
    change in file sizes... My log files are just application log files (
    text files), sizes of which increase when any new error entry arises...
    and i want to use RSCT to monitor this event...is this possible.. any
    ideas??

    Polani,

  2. Re: RSCT and file size monitoring!!! Tricky thing?

    Polani wrote:
    > Guys
    >
    > I have a tricky question... i am currently using RSCT extensively for
    > monitoring system related events across my server farms.....

    > and i want to use RSCT to monitor this event...is this possible.. any
    > ideas??

    Create your own sensor ( normaly a script ) and condition

    man mkcondition
    man mkresponse

    or use websm as well

    hth