Is it possible to install xlc under user home directory (wihout root permissions) - Aix

This is a discussion on Is it possible to install xlc under user home directory (wihout root permissions) - Aix ; Hi All! I dont have root access and I want to install xlc under user home directory (I dont want to make changes to the system) is it possible to install from bff files? (the user dont have permission to ...

  1. Is it possible to install xlc under user home directory (wihout root permissions)

    Hi All!

    I dont have root access and I want to install xlc under user home
    directory (I dont want to make changes to the system)
    is it possible to install from bff files? (the user dont have
    permission to run installp)

    Thank you

  2. Re: Is it possible to install xlc under user home directory (wihout root permissions)

    Basel wrote:
    > Hi All!
    >
    > I dont have root access and I want to install xlc under user home
    > directory (I dont want to make changes to the system)
    > is it possible to install from bff files? (the user dont have
    > permission to run installp)

    Short answer:
    There is a ndp ( none default path ) installation which allows you to
    install the compiler on a different target directory AFAIK this must be
    done by root. Information about this kind of installation should be
    somewhere in the documentation.

    Another way would be to extract all bff filesets with restore to a
    place of your choice. Could be done by any person with write access to
    the target directory

    hth
    Hajo

+ Reply to Thread