DR Plan - Aix

This is a discussion on DR Plan - Aix ; Disaster Recovery (DR)Preparation We do Oracle10g CRS (no _HACMP_) on 2xNodes AIX5.3 connected to FC SAN DS4800 to serve our members which is a real time application.we planning to do a Disster Recovery plan for this service,DR plan need to ...

  1. DR Plan

    Disaster Recovery (DR)Preparation

    We do Oracle10g CRS (no _HACMP_) on 2xNodes AIX5.3 connected to FC SAN
    DS4800 to serve our members which is a real time application.we
    planning to do a Disster Recovery plan for this service,DR plan need to
    recover 1 hour max time, the site will be about 35Km away,system must
    be restored to the last transaction, on the backup site we are thinking
    to palce the same identical hardware of our Production, AIX Servers and
    SAN DS4800Our data will be mirrored across a WAN link E1.

    Is there anyone that have some experience of Veritas, TSM or STORIX for
    DR.

    madunix

  2. Re: DR Plan

    what about HACMP/XD GLVM over a WAN lines (T1,E1 or E3)....
    for failover and keeping data on both sites sync'd.

    madunix

    madunix wrote:
    > Disaster Recovery (DR)Preparation
    >
    > We do Oracle10g CRS (no _HACMP_) on 2xNodes AIX5.3 connected to FC SAN
    > DS4800 to serve our members which is a real time application.we
    > planning to do a Disster Recovery plan for this service,DR plan need to
    > recover 1 hour max time, the site will be about 35Km away,system must
    > be restored to the last transaction, on the backup site we are thinking
    > to palce the same identical hardware of our Production, AIX Servers and
    > SAN DS4800Our data will be mirrored across a WAN link E1.
    >
    > Is there anyone that have some experience of Veritas, TSM or STORIX for
    > DR.
    >

    > madunix

  3. Re: DR Plan

    madunix wrote:
    > Disaster Recovery (DR)Preparation
    >
    > We do Oracle10g CRS (no _HACMP_) on 2xNodes AIX5.3 connected to FC SAN
    > DS4800 to serve our members which is a real time application.we
    > planning to do a Disster Recovery plan for this service,DR plan need to
    > recover 1 hour max time, the site will be about 35Km away,system must
    > be restored to the last transaction, on the backup site we are thinking
    > to palce the same identical hardware of our Production, AIX Servers and
    > SAN DS4800Our data will be mirrored across a WAN link E1.
    >
    > Is there anyone that have some experience of Veritas, TSM or STORIX for
    > DR.
    >

    > madunix

    What about using a standby instance in "Instant Protection" or
    "Guaranteed Protection" mode at the standby site? Redo info would then
    be automatically shipped over to the DR Site and no need for HA/XD or
    remote mirror on the DS4800, unless you are required to mirror other
    filesystem stuff.

    HTH,
    Pete's

  4. Re: DR Plan

    If you need 1 hour recovery time, its suggested you use RDF or Metro
    Mirror (SAN replication). TSM restore would just take too long,
    depending on your tape+library+drive+amount of data.

    You should also consider using GLVM (Part of AIX 5.3 now).

    Pete's wrote:
    > madunix wrote:
    > > Disaster Recovery (DR)Preparation
    > >
    > > We do Oracle10g CRS (no _HACMP_) on 2xNodes AIX5.3 connected to FC SAN
    > > DS4800 to serve our members which is a real time application.we
    > > planning to do a Disster Recovery plan for this service,DR plan need to
    > > recover 1 hour max time, the site will be about 35Km away,system must
    > > be restored to the last transaction, on the backup site we are thinking
    > > to palce the same identical hardware of our Production, AIX Servers and
    > > SAN DS4800Our data will be mirrored across a WAN link E1.
    > >
    > > Is there anyone that have some experience of Veritas, TSM or STORIX for
    > > DR.
    > >

    > > madunix

    > What about using a standby instance in "Instant Protection" or
    > "Guaranteed Protection" mode at the standby site? Redo info would then
    > be automatically shipped over to the DR Site and no need for HA/XD or
    > remote mirror on the DS4800, unless you are required to mirror other
    > filesystem stuff.
    >
    > HTH,
    > Pete's

+ Reply to Thread