Dead path EMC storage - Aix

This is a discussion on Dead path EMC storage - Aix ; To experts, One of my servers is connected to EMC Clarrion and it was found that the powermt display showed that two of the paths became 'dead' yet I could not find an EMC error in errpt. Does anyone know ...

  1. Dead path EMC storage

    To experts,

    One of my servers is connected to EMC Clarrion and it was found that
    the powermt display showed that two of the paths became 'dead' yet I
    could not find an EMC error in errpt. Does anyone know why its not
    reporting in errpt errorlog ?

    Any help most appreciated.

    inymen

  2. Re: Dead path EMC storage

    Usually if there is a dead path, it means a failed HBA. However, if you
    don't see a failed HBA on your system (errpt), try running 'diag' to
    see if there is an issue with your fiber card. If not, ask your SAN
    engineer to verify if there is a link(s) between HBA and SAN switch,
    and also check the light levels from HBA and switch. Mostly likley, its
    just a 'hiccup' from SAN maintenence. Try running 'powermt check'

    HTH

    inymen wrote:
    > To experts,
    >
    > One of my servers is connected to EMC Clarrion and it was found that
    > the powermt display showed that two of the paths became 'dead' yet I
    > could not find an EMC error in errpt. Does anyone know why its not
    > reporting in errpt errorlog ?
    >
    > Any help most appreciated.
    >
    > inymen

+ Reply to Thread