how to sync a cluster with interactive /yes -is it risky? - Aix

This is a discussion on how to sync a cluster with interactive /yes -is it risky? - Aix ; On a two node AIX 5.3 and HACMP 5.3 cluster I see following message when I verify cluster: Please let me know if it is risky to run cl_sync with interactive/Yes Is there a possibility of wrong VGDAs copied to ...

  1. how to sync a cluster with interactive /yes -is it risky?

    On a two node AIX 5.3 and HACMP 5.3 cluster I see following message
    when I verify cluster:
    Please let me know if it is risky to run cl_sync with interactive/Yes
    Is there a possibility of wrong VGDAs copied to correct. I hope that
    VG stamps those are more current only will be synced to previous. Is
    that right?
    Last lines of verification output are as follows:

    Verifying Cluster Resources...
    A corrective action is available for the condition reported below:

    WARNING: The HACMP timestamp file for shared volume group: groupdvg is
    inconsistent
    with the time stamp in the VGDA for the following nodes: groupdb

    To correct the above condition, run verification & synchronization with
    "Automatically correct errors found during verification?" set to either
    'Yes'
    or 'Interactive'. The cluster must be down for the corrective action
    to run.

    Corrective actions can be enabled for Verification and Synchronization
    in the HACMP
    extended Verification and Synchronization SMIT fastpath "cl_sync".
    Alternatively use the Initialization and Standard Configuration ->
    Verification and
    Synchronization path where corrective actions always executed in
    interactive mode.
    __________________________________________________ _________________________________

    Verifying XD Solutions...

    Verification has completed normally.

  2. Re: how to sync a cluster with interactive /yes -is it risky?

    It is perfectly safe to do "smit cl_sync" with interactive correction
    in this instance. The timestamps being talked about are the ones
    HACMP keeps internally.

    - DDH

    karcanson@hotmail.com wrote:
    > On a two node AIX 5.3 and HACMP 5.3 cluster I see following message
    > when I verify cluster:
    > Please let me know if it is risky to run cl_sync with interactive/Yes
    > Is there a possibility of wrong VGDAs copied to correct. I hope that
    > VG stamps those are more current only will be synced to previous. Is
    > that right?
    > Last lines of verification output are as follows:

    > Verifying Cluster Resources...
    > A corrective action is available for the condition reported below:

    > WARNING: The HACMP timestamp file for shared volume group: groupdvg is
    > inconsistent
    > with the time stamp in the VGDA for the following nodes: groupdb

    > To correct the above condition, run verification & synchronization with
    > "Automatically correct errors found during verification?" set to either
    > 'Yes'
    > or 'Interactive'. The cluster must be down for the corrective action

  3. Re: how to sync a cluster with interactive /yes -is it risky?

    karcanson@hotmail.com schrieb:

    > On a two node AIX 5.3 and HACMP 5.3 cluster I see following message
    >[...]
    > Verifying Cluster Resources...
    > A corrective action is available for the condition reported below:
    >[...]
    > To correct the above condition, run verification & synchronization with
    > "Automatically correct errors found during verification?" set to either
    > 'Yes'
    > or 'Interactive'. The cluster must be down for the corrective action
    > to run.
    > [...]

    IMHO HACMP 5.3 is a quite good HACMP release and in my experience
    whenever CSPOC says that "A corrective action is available..." this
    works well. So don't hesitate to use it. Usually real cluster problems
    begin when there is no automatic corrective action available or
    whenever you don't get a meaningful error message ;-)

    regards,
    andreas

  4. Re: how to sync a cluster with interactive /yes -is it risky?

    Andreas and David
    Thanks a lot...

    But This is only happening after HACMP 5.1 to 5.3 upgrade.
    and happens with only after running varyonvg -b -u and importvg -L
    commands this was not the case with hacmp 5.1
    Another thing is :
    I will have to wait till next down time to sync this as This could be
    done only after cluster services are brought down on both nodes, Isn't
    it?

    Thanks again for all the help

+ Reply to Thread