help with j2pg.... - Aix

This is a discussion on help with j2pg.... - Aix ; Does anyone have any documentation on j2pg? I know it has something to do with jfs2 and paging space, but I can't find anything useful.... IBM's "info*less*center" website doesn't even register a hit. Googling "j2pg" and "aix" gives me 73 ...

  1. help with j2pg....

    Does anyone have any documentation on j2pg? I know it has something to
    do with jfs2 and paging space, but I can't find anything useful....
    IBM's "info*less*center" website doesn't even register a hit. Googling
    "j2pg" and "aix" gives me 73 hits - nothing too useful! I assume it's
    similar to "fsflush" on solaris - which is VERY well documented (hint
    to IBMers in this google group)... If it's the same, then there should
    be a way to throttle how often it runs and how much memory it scans
    (e.g. "tune_t_fsflushr" and "autoup")

    Any help out there?

    -Chris

  2. Re: help with j2pg....

    cmstan2002@gmail.com wrote:
    > Does anyone have any documentation on j2pg? I know it has something to
    > do with jfs2 and paging space, but I can't find anything useful....
    > IBM's "info*less*center" website doesn't even register a hit. Googling
    > "j2pg" and "aix" gives me 73 hits - nothing too useful! I assume it's
    > similar to "fsflush" on solaris - which is VERY well documented (hint
    > to IBMers in this google group)... If it's the same, then there should
    > be a way to throttle how often it runs and how much memory it scans
    > (e.g. "tune_t_fsflushr" and "autoup")
    > Any help out there?
    > -Chris

    Hello.

    From
    http://www-1.ibm.com/support/docview...=utf-8&lang=en

    ----
    Most of these kprocs are NOT described in base AIX documentation and
    the descriptions below may be the most complete that can be found.
    [...]
    j2pg
    Kernel process integral to processing JFS2 I/O requests.
    [...]
    -----

    If you want to tune memory or i/o behavior have a look at "vmo" and
    "ioo" (or vmtune schedtune on older systems), both well documented.

    Bye, Stefan... . . .

+ Reply to Thread