Process And Cpu - Aix

This is a discussion on Process And Cpu - Aix ; Hii All.. I need to see Which process working on which cpu ? Is there any command make this ? Best Regards.....

  1. Process And Cpu

    Hii All..
    I need to see Which process working on which cpu ?
    Is there any command make this ?

    Best Regards..

  2. Re: Process And Cpu

    Emre wrote:
    > Hii All..
    > I need to see Which process working on which cpu ?
    > Is there any command make this ?
    >
    > Best Regards..

    trace, then curt ..

    NB: You get thread affinity via the kernel which tries to keep threads
    on the same cpu for performance, but this depends on the depth of each
    run queue at the time each thread becomes runable, so you may see
    threads switching cpus.

    if you want to bind a processor to a cpu, then the bindprocessor
    command and subroutine can do this for you and then you will know

    HTH
    Mark Taylor

  3. Re: Process And Cpu

    Emre wrote:
    > Hii All..
    > I need to see Which process working on which cpu ?
    > Is there any command make this ?
    >
    > Best Regards..

    trace, then curt ..

    NB: You get thread affinity via the kernel which tries to keep threads
    on the same cpu for performance, but this depends on the depth of each
    run queue at the time each thread becomes runable, so you may see
    threads switching cpus.

    if you want to bind a processor to a cpu, then the bindprocessor
    command and subroutine can do this for you and then you will know

    HTH
    Mark Taylor

  4. Re: Process And Cpu

    kdb command is also an alternative.

    Thanks and regards,
    Rajbir Bhattacharjee

    Mark Taylor wrote:
    > Emre wrote:
    > > Hii All..
    > > I need to see Which process working on which cpu ?
    > > Is there any command make this ?
    > >
    > > Best Regards..

    > trace, then curt ..
    >
    > NB: You get thread affinity via the kernel which tries to keep threads
    > on the same cpu for performance, but this depends on the depth of each
    > run queue at the time each thread becomes runable, so you may see
    > threads switching cpus.
    >
    > if you want to bind a processor to a cpu, then the bindprocessor
    > command and subroutine can do this for you and then you will know
    >
    > HTH
    > Mark Taylor

+ Reply to Thread