Error While Connecting to AIX 5.2 thro' Putty - Aix

This is a discussion on Error While Connecting to AIX 5.2 thro' Putty - Aix ; Hi Everybody, while I connecting to the server from my pc thro' Putty or F-Secure SSH Client... It displays the follwing msg..... ************************************************** ************************** --------------------------- PuTTY Fatal Error --------------------------- Server sent disconnect message type 2 (SSH_DISCONNECT_PROTOCOL_ERROR): "fork failed: Resource temporarily ...

  1. Error While Connecting to AIX 5.2 thro' Putty

    Hi Everybody,

    while I connecting to the server from my pc thro' Putty or F-Secure
    SSH Client... It displays the follwing msg.....

    ---------------------------
    PuTTY Fatal Error
    ---------------------------
    Server sent disconnect message
    type 2 (SSH_DISCONNECT_PROTOCOL_ERROR):
    "fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable"
    ---------------------------
    OK
    ---------------------------
    ************************************************** ***************************

    Anybody explain me abt the error....

    Thanks in Advance.........

  2. Re: Error While Connecting to AIX 5.2 thro' Putty

    On 2006-12-12, karan wrote:
    > ---------------------------
    > PuTTY Fatal Error
    > ---------------------------
    > Server sent disconnect message
    > type 2 (SSH_DISCONNECT_PROTOCOL_ERROR):
    > "fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable"

    It means that the SSH daemon running on that particular machine
    can't find free resources (memory, number of processes, number
    of open files, etc.) to fork off another instance that will be
    handling your session. You should probably have your sysadmins
    have a look at the machine. Have them identify which resource
    is in shortage and either increase the allowed number for that
    particular one, or reduce the number of already running processes
    using it. They should also have some sort of out-of-band access
    in case this isn't a temporary problem and noone can access the
    machine anymore.

    Regards,

    Frank

  3. Re: Error While Connecting to AIX 5.2 thro' Putty

    On Dec 12, 12:43 pm, Frank Fegert wrote:
    > On 2006-12-12, karan wrote:
    >
    > > ---------------------------
    > > PuTTY Fatal Error
    > > ---------------------------
    > > Server sent disconnect message
    > > type 2 (SSH_DISCONNECT_PROTOCOL_ERROR):
    > > "fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable"It means that the SSH daemon running on that particular machine

    > can't find free resources (memory, number of processes, number
    > of open files, etc.) to fork off another instance that will be
    > handling your session. You should probably have your sysadmins
    > have a look at the machine. Have them identify which resource
    > is in shortage and either increase the allowed number for that
    > particular one, or reduce the number of already running processes
    > using it. They should also have some sort of out-of-band access
    > in case this isn't a temporary problem and noone can access the
    > machine anymore.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Frank

    Thanks Frank....

  4. Re: Error While Connecting to AIX 5.2 thro' Putty

    I got a similar problem once when a test program went into recursive
    fork... I had to manually reboot the machine.. nothing would work..
    even in the console, ksh wouldn't work...

    Thanks and regards,
    Rajbir Bhattacharjee

    Frank Fegert wrote:
    > On 2006-12-12, karan wrote:
    > > ---------------------------
    > > PuTTY Fatal Error
    > > ---------------------------
    > > Server sent disconnect message
    > > type 2 (SSH_DISCONNECT_PROTOCOL_ERROR):
    > > "fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable"

    > It means that the SSH daemon running on that particular machine
    > can't find free resources (memory, number of processes, number
    > of open files, etc.) to fork off another instance that will be
    > handling your session. You should probably have your sysadmins
    > have a look at the machine. Have them identify which resource
    > is in shortage and either increase the allowed number for that
    > particular one, or reduce the number of already running processes
    > using it. They should also have some sort of out-of-band access
    > in case this isn't a temporary problem and noone can access the
    > machine anymore.
    >
    > Regards,
    >
    > Frank

  5. Re: Error While Connecting to AIX 5.2 thro' Putty

    Prob. you ran out of paging space on the machine

  6. Re: Error While Connecting to AIX 5.2 thro' Putty

    yep.. i know that.. but i was kind of suggesting him to reboot his
    machine manually if his situation was similar..

    Thanks and regards,
    Rajbir Bhattacharjee
    Bobohoolie wrote:
    > Prob. you ran out of paging space on the machine

+ Reply to Thread