CDROM NFS to AIX5.3 Hangs on read - Aix

This is a discussion on CDROM NFS to AIX5.3 Hangs on read - Aix ; Hi all, Here is my issue: I need to install filessets from the AIX5.3 install CDs onto an AIX 5.3 remote server. I have my CD loaded and mounted on an AIX 5.2 server, estelupg, under filesystem /rem_cdrom. The /rem_cdrom ...

  1. CDROM NFS to AIX5.3 Hangs on read

    Hi all,

    Here is my issue:
    I need to install filessets from the AIX5.3 install CDs onto an AIX 5.3
    remote server.
    I have my CD loaded and mounted on an AIX 5.2 server, estelupg, under
    filesystem /rem_cdrom.
    The /rem_cdrom filesystem has been exported to my remote server,
    inverademo:

    inverademo> showmount -e estelupg
    export list for estelupg:
    /cdrom athena
    /rem_cdrom skadi,athena,inverademo

    I created my mount point on inverademo
    mkdir ml_cdrom
    And added the filsystem for mounting, came back ok with no errors:

    inverademo> df -Ik|grep cd
    estelupg:/rem_cdrom 539072 539072 0 100% /ml_cdrom

    The problem is that when I then try to read the cd, either through SMIT
    install screen or simply with a ls -l under the /ml_cdrom dir, the
    process hangs..... no errors, it doesn't even appread to die...ever!
    It's been hagning on my screen now for 3 hours...

    I was able to get this to work fine when I exported my AIX 5.2
    /rem_cdrom filesystem to an AIX 4.3.3 server. I was able to mount the
    cdrom and then access the data with no issues at all. So far I have
    tried two different AIX 5.3 servers and both of these HANG on the read.

    Is there something I'm missing wth AIX 5.3 that I should know? I added
    all Security Methods to the /ml_cdrom filesystem when I added it for
    mounting:

    sys

    dh

    krb5

    krb5i

    krb5p

    Is this the problem???

    Help please!

    Marion

  2. Re: CDROM NFS to AIX5.3 Hangs on read

    In case anyone is interested, this is the resolution to this problem:

    disable nfso option nfs_v3_server_readdirplus on NFS server

    nfso -o nfs_v3_server_readdirplus=0

    and retry the mount on client

+ Reply to Thread