AIX 5.1 to 5.3 Upgrade - Aix

This is a discussion on AIX 5.1 to 5.3 Upgrade - Aix ; Hi There, excuse my ignorance but i am more a linux/ solaris admin than aix. so i have a RS/6000 box here running aix 5.1. How do i upgrade this box to 5.3 ? mean do i need the 5.3 ...

  1. AIX 5.1 to 5.3 Upgrade

    Hi There,

    excuse my ignorance but i am more a linux/ solaris admin than aix.
    so i have a RS/6000 box here running aix 5.1.
    How do i upgrade this box to 5.3 ? mean do i need the 5.3 CDs or can i
    upgrade online? if i need the CDs where do i get them ? need to buy
    from IBM ?

    thanks a lot
    TB

  2. Re: AIX 5.1 to 5.3 Upgrade

    the first thing you should do is check your machine's architechture
    # bootinfo -p > it should say "chrp"
    if you have a contract with IBM, they should be able to send you a copy
    or 5.3.

    pinoy

    tb303 wrote:
    > Hi There,
    >
    > excuse my ignorance but i am more a linux/ solaris admin than aix.
    > so i have a RS/6000 box here running aix 5.1.
    > How do i upgrade this box to 5.3 ? mean do i need the 5.3 CDs or can i
    > upgrade online? if i need the CDs where do i get them ? need to buy
    > from IBM ?
    >
    > thanks a lot
    > TB

+ Reply to Thread