terminate weird proccess - Aix

This is a discussion on terminate weird proccess - Aix ; Hi I have prblem with one process. I just kill some user's procces with kill -9 PID, and one of them still hanging with some like this : # ps -U 130 UID PID TTY TIME CMD - 790778 - ...

  1. terminate weird proccess

    Hi
    I have prblem with one process. I just kill some user's procces with kill
    -9 PID, and one of them still hanging with some like this :

    # ps -U 130
    UID PID TTY TIME CMD
    - 790778 -

    nothing is changing when i send HUP for that PID.

    Is that is posible to simply terminate this process ?
    Thanks for all responses.
    With regards.

  2. Re: terminate weird proccess

    jjur wrote:
    > Hi
    > I have prblem with one process. I just kill some user's procces with kill
    > -9 PID, and one of them still hanging with some like this :
    >
    > # ps -U 130
    > UID PID TTY TIME CMD
    > - 790778 -
    >
    > nothing is changing when i send HUP for that PID.
    >
    > Is that is posible to simply terminate this process ?
    > Thanks for all responses.
    > With regards.

    jjur,

    A program is "blocked" from receiving a signal while the program is
    "executing" in kernel space (i.e. making a system call)... as soon as
    it exits
    "kernel space" the signal is delivered to it... and it will exit.

    The "program that won't die" is often waiting on some "kernel event" to
    occur before the
    operating system call can finish...
    ....For example, I've seen program hang on "accessing" a serial port,
    while the
    OS was waiting for certain "pins to go high"...

    HTH,
    -tony

  3. Re: terminate weird proccess

    Thanks a lot, tony