Emacs pretest - Aix

This is a discussion on Emacs pretest - Aix ; The Emacs dev team recently got a bug report that the pretest version of Emacs 22 doesn't compile on AIX. However, the bug reporter hasn't responded to follow-up emails, and none of us run AIX. Could anyone on this list ...

  1. Emacs pretest

    The Emacs dev team recently got a bug report that the pretest version
    of Emacs 22 doesn't compile on AIX. However, the bug reporter hasn't
    responded to follow-up emails, and none of us run AIX. Could anyone
    on this list help track down the problem?

    The Emacs 22 pretest tarball can be found here:

    ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/pretes...22.0.91.tar.gz

    Here is the bug report we received:

    AIX 5.2 fails with a problem during loadup:

    LC_ALL=C ./temacs -batch -l loadup dump
    Using load-path (/home/project-releases/tmp/emacs-22.0.90/lisp)
    Symbol's value as variable is void: for
    gmake[2]: *** [emacs] Error 255

    Can anyone reproduce this bug? If so, could you do

    cd emacs/src
    gdb temacs
    b Fsignal
    r -batch -l loadup dump
    bt

    and send the backtrace? (Please reply even if compilation succeeds,
    since it is always possible that the bug reporter had a misconfigured
    system.)

    Any help would be much appreciated, thanks.

  2. Re: Emacs pretest

    Chong Yidong writes:

    > The Emacs dev team recently got a bug report that the pretest version
    > of Emacs 22 doesn't compile on AIX. However, the bug reporter hasn't
    > responded to follow-up emails, and none of us run AIX.

    Wow, bad timing on my part. The reporter just got back to me. Sorry
    for the noise.

+ Reply to Thread