nagios: check_nrpe: Could not complete SSL handshake - Aix

This is a discussion on nagios: check_nrpe: Could not complete SSL handshake - Aix ; I've installed nagio in a mostly Linux environment. All works well with the LInux hosts, but I cannot successfully execute check_nrpe (version 2.5.2) checks on our AIX 5.2 system. It always returns Could not complete SSL handshake. I've tried building ...

  1. nagios: check_nrpe: Could not complete SSL handshake

    I've installed nagio in a mostly Linux environment. All works well with
    the LInux hosts, but I cannot successfully execute check_nrpe (version
    2.5.2) checks on our AIX 5.2 system. It always returns Could not
    complete SSL handshake.

    I've tried building check_nrpe both with and without SSL support, but
    neither works (different error with non-ssl connections about a CRC
    checksum mismatch).

    Anyone see/solved this? thanks.

  2. Re: nagios: check_nrpe: Could not complete SSL handshake

    tkevans@tkevans.com wrote:

    > I've installed nagio in a mostly Linux environment. All works well with
    > the LInux hosts, but I cannot successfully execute check_nrpe (version
    > 2.5.2) checks on our AIX 5.2 system. It always returns Could not
    > complete SSL handshake.

    Have you verified, that the release versions are compatible?

  3. Re: nagios: check_nrpe: Could not complete SSL handshake

    Sven Mascheck wrote:

    > Have you verified, that the release versions are compatible?

    Same version on all systems.

    I resolved this by abandoing the inetd approach to running the nagios
    plugins and starting the nrpe daemon. For whatever reason, this works.
    Thanks.

+ Reply to Thread